Spanish rice…yummmm. There are so many different versions out there and you really can’t go wrong with any of them. This one is pretty basic. My def go to. Got it from my momma who learned it from my grandma (her MIL).
1. Heat up pan to medium heat and drizzle 2tbs of your choice of oil. I use vegetable.
2. Go ahead and get your 2 cups of water, Knorrs chicken bouillon, 3 cloves minced garlic, and 8 oz can of tomato sauce open and all ready to go beside you where you’re cooking to make it easier to grab.
3. Add 1 cup of rice to pan and stir stir stir. It’s very important that you do not leave rice unattended as you will burn rice and pan, and it’s easy to do. Keep stirring till its a nice golden brown. Not all of it has to be…I prefer half of mine to be browned up.
4. Once your rice is brown go ahead and slowly add your water, sauce, and seasonings. Give it a good stir to get your seasonings and tomato sauce mixed in.
5. Bring it to a boil then drop down to a simmer.
6. Cover pan and cook for 20 minutes. DO NOT stir after covering and I highly advise against uncovering while cooking.
7. Once time is up take a fork and towards the center move some rice and if all the water is evaporated you are good to go. Fluff it up and serve. ENJOY!
***Make it your own or do as the recipe calls. For myself I sometimes like to add diced onion and tomatoes or peas and carrots. Either way its pretty dern good. Let me know how you make yours or if you tried this one and how it came out.
- 2 tbsp oil I use vegetable
- 1 cup rice preferably jasmine
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp Knorrs chicken base bouillon
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- Prep all your ingredients.
- Heat pan to medium heat.
- Add your oil and then rice.
- Keep stirring and do not stop. Rice will burn if you leave unattended. Continue stirring until rice is brown.
- Slowly pour in water and tomato sauce. Add minced garlic and bouillon.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Once it starts boiling bring it down to a simmer & put a lid on it for 20 minutes. Do not open or stir after this point. (if doubling recipe it may take 30 minutes)
- After 20 minutes go ahead and remove lid and check middle of rice for no water in pan. If there is no water turn stove off, fluff & enjoy!